Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.07.2012

And THAT is why I need a flamethrower...

I'm not a spider fan.  I wouldn't go as far as to say I've got arachnophobia, but there were times early in our marriage that I had to have my wife go take care of a spider for me.

On the other hand, tarantula's don't bother me.  I've let the ones folks keep as pets crawl over me without any heebie-jeebies. 

So...this story from Australia, about a town that is being over-run by spiders because the flooding river is chasing them from their normal home freaks me right the heck out.

Spider webs so thick on the ground that they look like snow?  Yeah...I'm calling in sick to work that day instead of walking through those to get to my truck.  I'm sitting at home right now scratching at myself just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. Until about a minute ago, I always thought wolf spiders'webs we pretty cool.

    Ick.

    ReplyDelete